Monday, April 10, 2006

Emailing Senator Russ Feingold


In comments on the Hillary article, pissed off patricia from the Morning Martini wrote:
Let's just nominate Russ Feingold and get started on his campaign. I'm tired of hearing about Hillary like we have no other choice. That's bs and that's exactly what happened last time. Kerry was our candidate before most of us even had a say in the matter.
Before I jump on the Wisconsin nomination bandwagon, I want to research Feingold a bit more. And to be honest, I've wanted to pick Senator Feingold's brain on the immigration issue for a few weeks, and although I could probably do a Google search to find out his opinion, I decided to ask him by email. Why not email him and ask him your burning questions as well?

To contact Senator Feingold, go HERE.

Here is the email I sent him today:

Senator Feingold,

I was impressed that you stood out from the fold, the sheep fold that is, and spoke out against President Bush's lies and perfidy in seeking to censure him.

I am curious as to where you stand on the immigration issue. What is your solution to his problem?

Keep speaking out. We need a strong voice in this country.

Oh, and I see that you have domestic violence as an issue on your droplist. Can you please add sexual assault? It is the least prosecuted violent crime in this country.

Sincerely,
Glenda from the Land of Oz, MSSW
(Actually, I put my real name on the email.)

Here is part of the form letter I got back, but I'm sure his staff will get back to me soon.

Dear friend,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail me and let me know your thoughts
on matters of concern to you. Hearing from Wisconsinites is my most
important source of information and one of the things I enjoy most about
my job.

Constituents who have included their name, e-mail address, and mailing
address in their message will receive a response from me addressing the
issues raised. If you did not include an e-mail and mailing address, I
encourage you to resend your original message with this information.

6 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Cool!

Thanks and hopefully his office will respond to your email. Wait until we email him and tell him he's our candidate for pres. I bet they'll respond to that one. :)

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Diane S. said...

The failure of the democratic leadership to back Senator Feingold in his motion for censure was stunning to me. I am so sick of watching the Dem's try to peddle Republican Lite instead of mounting an actual opposition.

The poll numbers are clear. America is ripe for a change. If only we can find a leader to enact that change. Hillary Clinton, as much as I wished her to be, simply is not that leader.

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home