Monday, March 27, 2006

The Bluebonnets are Here

The Bluebonnets are out in bloom in central texas.
The news from Iraq was so bleak this morning that I felt I needed something uplifting and cheerful.

The roadside flowers are opening en masse under the sweet spring weather. Austin suffered the 10th dryest year in recorded history last year, and I was worried it would affect the spring blooms. When Katrina came inland, and traveled up the corridor east of our city, the force of the hurricane pulled all the moisture out of the air for hundreds of miles. But the wildflowers are back in full force. The winecups and coreopsis are also out in bloom.

I went into work this morning about 7Am. Afer taking a week of vacation, I was ready to get started. I'm speaking on a panel at Texas State University tomorrow, and needed to put together a short opener.

When I turned on my PowerMac, there was a horrible grinding noise, which freaked me out. I've never heard any computer make a noise like that.

I opened the tower and looked inside. The fan was making an incredible racket. I turned it off, worried that if the fan was going out, the hard drive or motherboard could overheat and fry. Luckily, I have everything backed up on a 160 GB external hard drive.

Back home and got on my laptop, Old Faithful. Yeah, my IT guy will take a look at it.

5 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

hey thanks for the comment.
that;s a great story about bush.
i just posted some pictures...i think you;ll like them. good luck with ur computer...they;re annoying sumtimes.
--Ellie

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous RichM said...

Read your comment over at Unspunblog so I thought I'd come by and see what you have going here. Like your blog.

I've been either kind of lazy or just fed up with all of the crap from the right we've had to endure. Glad to see one more of us who see the world from a different perspective. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home